Recently people started using and asking me a lot about Fast Line, how it works and more details about how to make requests using it. Here, I’ll lay down some FAQ to clear out any doubt you might have about Fast Line.
1 – What is Fast Line?
It’s the way I found to please people who do not want to wait in line for the answer of their requests. As the line is usually long (many people ask me lots of things), this is a shortcut if you are in a rush and want your answer quicker than the average.
2 – How long does it take to get my answer?
3 – How does it work?
Click on the Fast Line buttons on the site, donate $1.01 for the Elvish School Project and leave a message (if no message is left, please comment at the site then) with your donation, asking the name/famous quote/sentence/special date you want to be composed into Quenya.
4 – How many things can I ask with one donation?
5 – How long can a sentence be?
6 – Do I need to have PayPal to use Fast Line?
7 - There’s a bug or restriction on my PayPal account and I cannot use Fast Line through the buttons on the site. What do I do?
Well, I’m really sorry to hear that. Please, it would help me a lot if you could explain to me (or even print screen the error) so I can fix the bug if it’s within my reach. I wanna provide the best service possible and I thank you in advance for your help in this particular bug you’re experiencing. But do not despair! You can still use Fast Line! Send a payment through your PayPal account to email@example.com, using any currency you want (as long as the conversion is right of course) leave a message with it and the final result will be the same!
8 – Do I have to donate otherwise I won’t get my request answered?
No! I’m here to help and teach and I do it gladly for free! You can ask me anything you want and you’ll have it here for FREE! The Fast Line is just a resource for those in a rush, short of patience who don’t want to wait in line! As I’m not here for the money, I don’t charge people this and that for the knowledge I wanna so passionately share!
9 - What exactly do I get with each kind of request (name, quote & sentence)?
Well, here are the details of each one:
- Included: Any personal name coming from any language. No surnames or family names of any sort allowed. Why? Check here under “Note on surnames”
- Within the pack: The origin of your name with the language it comes from and possibly even the rendition in it, the meaning of your name and the Quenya etymological equivalent of it as well as its analysis of why is constructed that way.
- OBS.:Important to say that an etymological research will be conducted and if any difficulty arise with it, you will be consulted for further explanation of your name’s detail (mainly for languages I don’t speak)
- Included: Any famous quote coming from books, movies, songs, comics, games, real life, etc.
- Within the pack: The name of the famous author, the source, the sentence itself, the Quenya translation in Tengwar writing with audio included (by clicking the image of the writing) and the Quenya translation written in Roman alphabet.
- OBS.: By definition, famous quote is a sentence exactly written as its original source has said, sung or written it. If one single word is added or subtracted, it’s not a famous quote anymore and it’ll be dealt as a random sentence. See below under Sentences.
- Included: Any random sentence composed by you or anyone else (not famous). You can submit sentences in English, Español, Português, Deutsch or Français (the languages I speak and won’t have serious problems understanding them)
- Within the pack: The sentence itself, the Quenya translation, the literal translation to give a better insight of Quenya vocabulary, the full analysis of each word and elements within them, the “author’s” name, the date of answer and the Tengwar writing in Quenya.
- OBS.: Not much to say here, except to pay attention to the 80-character limitation as described in Question #5
- Included: Any personal special date taken from the Gregorian Calendar spanning from March, 29th, 1 to March, 28th, 2305.
- Within the pack: The day of the week of the requested day, a famous news or event that took place at the same date, its elvish equivalent according to the Imladris Reckoning, the elvish day of the week and the yén.
- OBS.: It’s extremely important that when asking for a date conversion, one must determine if it’s before or after the sunset. It makes the whole difference to the elvish calendar and without this info, no conversion can be accurately made.
10 – I’d like my request in different font styles. How many of them can I get?
This is a special feature! When you request through Fast Line, you can get up to 6 different Tengwar font styles. There are 4 packs to choose from. As an example, I used my own name. Check the packs below:
By default, High-elven pack will be used in case you don’t inform any preference concerning any pack. Also, if you want your request to be written in more than 1 pack, then more donations are required. Each donation allows you to choose 1 pack with 6 different fonts as shown above.
11 - Actually, I want no translation as I already have the Quenya text translated. I’d like to have it written with a different Tengwar font style. Can I get that?
Yes, that’s no problem at all. The rules for this kind of request are a little bit different though. You may ask any Tengwar font conversion you want (as shown in the packs above) up to a 80-character text. The image will be published at Quenya101 Language Institute Facebook page, following all the other time rules for regular translation requests. One important note: The Quenya text MUST be correctly written. Talk to me before requesting it, because wrong grammar, orthography, unattested Quenya words will make your text invalid for the rendition.
12 – I have already decided for one specific font! Can I ask it as big as possible?
Yes! That’s the Super Huge Single Pack. Instead of choosing a 6-font pack, you can pick one font and have it pretty big! It’ll be helpful for artistic purposes like tattoos and the like. Click on the example below to check the size you’re gonna get:
13 – I want ALL that now! Where do I click?
All roads lead to….Rivendell, right? So, click on the button below or any of the Fast Line buttons on Names, Poem & Prose, How do we say (…) in Quenya?, My special day in…the elvish calendar and you’re good to go!