H η ח Հ ح
- From: Surname which was originally derived from the name of an English town. Variants include: Hayley, Hailee, Haleigh, Hailey, Haley, Haylee.
- Meaning: “Hay clearing” from Old English heg “hay” and leah “clearing”.
- Quenya: Sarpalarë (sara+palar+[ë] = dry grass+plain+[feminine names suffix]
- From: German, Dutch and Scandinavian short form of Johannes
- Meaning: See John entry here
- Quenya: Erunto (Eru+anta+[o] = God+to give+[masculine names suffix]) NOTE: Used another suffix just to make a short distinction between John and Hans Quenya name.
- From: Arabic name derived from the word حسن (hasuna)
- Meaning: Handsome
- Quenya: Vanimo (vanima+[o] = beautiful+[masculine names suffix])
- From: English word heather derived from Middle English hather.
- Meaning: Hather is a variety of small shrubs with pink or white flowers which commonly grow in rocky areas.
- Quenya: Tussë (tussa+[ë] = bush, shrub+[feminine names suffix])
- From: Greek ‘Ελενη (Helene), probably from Greek word ‘ελενη (helene) or possibly related to σεληνη (selene). Variants: Ellen, Hellen, Helene, Jelena, Lena, Elena, Ilona, Eliina, Elina, etc.
- Meaning: ‘ελενη means torch (related to emitting light) & σεληνη means moon
- Quenya: Alcië (alca+[ië] = ray of light+[feminine names suffix]) or Isilië (Isil+[ië] = Moon+[feminine names suffix])
- From: Germanic name Heimirich. Common variants: Heinrich, Enrique, Henrique, Heinz.
- Meaning: Home ruler. Heim means ”home” and ric “power, ruler”
- Quenya: Martur (már+[-tur] = home+[ruler, commander suffix])
- From: Probably of Phoenician origin, though it could be from Hebrew חִירָם
- Meaning: Exalted brother
- Quenya: Tar-toron ([tar-]+toron = [famous title of Númenórean kings meaning lofty, high coming from tára]+brother (natural one))
Submitted by Mouzafphaerre
- From: Armenian name Հրանտ possibly related to the word “hur”
- Meaning: Fire, fiery
- Quenya: Nárion (nárë+[on] = fire+[masculine names suffix])
- From: Latinized form of Hugh, coming from the Germanic element hug
- Meaning: Hug means ‘heart, mind,spirit’
- Quenya: Óron (órë+[on] = heart,inner mind+[masculine names suffix])
Attention: if you wanna request a name beginning with letter H, please do it here: http://quenya101.com/names/