O ο و
- From: Greek οφελος (ophelos)
- Meaning: Help
- Quenya: Manyë (manya+[ë] = vb. to help+[feminine names suffix])
- From: Italian feminine name possibly derived from Latin AVRVM or from its derivatives in Spanish oro or French or.
- Meaning: Gold, golden
- Quenya: Maltië (malta+[ië] = n. gold i.e. the metal+[feminine names suffix]) or Laurië (laurë+[ië] = n. gold i.e. not the metal, but the colour+[feminine names suffix])
- From: Variant of Arabic أسامة (Usamah)
- Meaning: Lion
- Quenya: Rá (rá = lion)
- From: Old English elements os and weald
- Meaning: Os means ‘god’ and weald means ‘rule’
- Quenya: Erutur (Eru+turë = God+to rule, to govern)
- From: Brazilian Portuguese form of OCTAVIVS, Roman family name from Latin OCTAVVS
- Meaning: Eighth
- Quenya: Toltëo (toltëa+ = eighth+[masculine names suffix])
- From: Probably derived from Owain a Welsh form of Eugene (coming from Greek Ευγενιος); or it may come from the Irish name Eoghan with roots on the Welsh word eoghunn.
- Meaning: Greek ευγενης (eugenes) means “well born”, Eoghan means “born from the yew tree” and eoghunn means ‘youth’. All of them related to ‘being born’.
- Quenya: Mainóno (mai+nóna+[o] = well+born+[masculine names suffix]) or Tussanóno (tussa+nóna+[o] = bush+born+[masculine names suffix]) NOTE: There is no specific word for ‘yew’ in Quenya, so I just used the word tussa as an adaptation, bearing in mind the shape yew tress often develop. Here any word related to tree like “alda” or “ornë” may apply.
Attention: if you wanna request a name beginning with letter O, please do it here: http://quenya101.com/names/