T τ ת
- From: Portuguese form of Thaddeus coming from Θαδδαιος (Thaddaios), the Greek form of the Aramaic name Thaddai. It’s also possibly derived from Θεοδωρος (Theodoros)
- Meaning: Thaddai is derived from a word meaning “heart”. Theodoros means “gift of god”
- Quenya: Óron (órë+[on] = heart+[masculine names suffix]) OR Erunno (Eru+anna+[o] = God+gift+[masculine names suffix])
- From: Supposedly an uncertain native American language.
- Meaning: Unknown
- Quenya: Taima (orthographic equivalent only)
- From: Russian form of Tamar, coming from Hebrew תָּמָר
- Meaning: Palm Tree
- Quenya: Falassaldë (falas+alda+[ë] = beach, shore+tree+[feminine names suffix])
- From: Finnish form of Daria which is the feminine of DARIVS, the Roman form of Δαρειος (Dareios), which was the Greek form of the Persian name Dārayavahush.
- Meaning: Dārayavahush is composed of the elements dâraya ”to possess” and vahu“good”.
- Quenya: Haryamárë (harya+mára+[ë] = vb. to possess+good+[feminine names suffix])
- From: Derived from Greek θαλλω (thallo)
- Meaning: To blossom
- Quenya: Lohtion (lohtë+[on] = n. blossom+[masculine names suffix])
- From: Spanish and Portuguese name Teresa
- Meaning: Uncertain, but it could be derived from Greek θερος (theros) “summer”, from Greek θεριζω (therizo) “to harvest”, or from the name of the Greek island of Therasia
- Quenya: Lairë (lairë = summer) or Hostië (hosta+[ië] = to gather, to collect+[feminine names suffix])
- From: Greek form of the Aramaic name תָּאוֹמָא (Ta’oma’)
- Meaning: Twin
- Quenya: Onóno (onóna = twin, twin-born)
- From: Finnish form of Timothy which comes from the Greek name Τιμοθεος (Timotheos)
- Meaning: Honoring God
- Quenya: Erulcaro (Eru+alcar+[o] = God+glory, honor+[masculine names suffix])
- From: Short form of Christina, Martina, and other names ending in tina. In addition to these names, it is also used in Dutch as a diminutive of Catharina and in Croatian as a diminutive of Katarina.
- Meaning: See Christina, Martina & Katherine entries here
- Quenya: Tinna (orthographic equivalent) OR any of the name’s options mentioned above.
- From: Medieval form of Greek Τωβιας (Tobias) which originally came from Hebrew name טוֹבִיָּה (Toviyyah) .
- Meaning: Yahweh is good
- Quenya: Erumáron (Eru+mára+[on] = God+good+[masculine names suffix])
- From: English surname Travis, a variant of Travers which is derived from Old French traverser ultimately coming from Latin TRANSVERSARE.
- Meaning: Traverser means “to cross”
- Quenya: Langaro (langa+[ro] = vb. to cross, to pass over, to go over+[masculine agental suffix]
Instead of waiting in line an average of 215 days, Travis Richardson had his request answered in 93 hours through FAST LINE
- From: Finnish tuuli
- Meaning: Wind
- Quenya: Súrë (súrë = wind)
- From: English surname
- Meaning: Tiler of roofs
- Quenya: Tóparo (tópa+[ro] = vb. to roof+[masculine agent suffix])
Attention: if you wanna request a name beginning with letter T, please do it here: http://quenya101.com/names/