Ok, it’s not that secret, but here’s the recipe of Lembas bread which some people don’t know yet! It really exists and certainly Lembas King prepare all their Lembas following it strictly! I’m not a cuisine master (I can heat the milk quite well I must say), but it seems to me it’s not that hard to prepare some Lembas. But I’m really sure it’s not hard to eat them all! Leave the task to me!
• 2 1/2 cups of flour
• 1 tablespoon of baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon of salt
• 8 tablespoons of cold butter (1 stick)
• 1/3 cup of brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup/honey
• 2/3 cup of milk/heavy cream (or more, if necessary)
• 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
1) Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celcius (425 degrees Fahrenheit).
2) Mix the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
3) Add the butter and mix with a fork or a pastry cutter until the mixture resembles fine granules.
4) Add the sugar and cinnamon, and mix them thoroughly into the mixture.
5) Add the milk/cream and vanilla and stir them in with a fork until a nice, thick dough forms.
6) Roll the dough out about 1/2 in thickness.
7) Cut out 3-inch squares and transfer the dough to a cookie sheet.
8 ) Criss-cross (DO NOT cut all the way) each square from corner-to-corner with a knife.
9) Bake for about 12 minutes or more (depending on the thickness of the bread) until it is set and lightly golden.
(the recipe makes about 10-12 pieces of lembas)
And the magic of Lembas? If you add some more extra ingredients (like Lembas King does) you can have something almost like this: