Resuming our Top 10 LotR board games, now we have….
A new version of Risk, with the following differences:
The map is of Middle Earth, and the tokens represent armies of that fictional world.
You play either good or evil.
Leaders, missions and sites of power have been added.
The One Ring acts as a timing mechanism, when it leaves the board, the game ends.
- 4 Complete armies in different colors:
– 40 Elven Archers/Orcs
– 12 Riders of Rohan/Dark Riders
– 6 Eagles/Cave Trolls
– 2 shields per color
- 42 Territory Cards (9 Good, 9 Evil, 24 Neutral)
- 2 Wild Cards
- 40 Adventure Cards
- The One Ring
- 3 Red Dice
- 2 Black Dice
And in this expanded Trilogy Edition, there’s also:
- The detailed gameboard reflects a complete map of Middle-Earth including the Gondor, Mordor, and Haradwaith territories.
- Includes materials from the entire Lord of the Rings film trilogy.
- Additional Territory cards.
- Additional Battalions.
- Additional Adventure Cards.
- Alternate ways to play including special rules for alliance team play.
If you’re a wargames fan like I am, this one should bring some hours of fun to your table. After all, it’s RISK we’re talking about! Risk+LotR! It couldn’t get better!
to be continued…