B β Б בּ ب w
- From: Feminine form derived from Greek βαρβαρος (barbaros)
- Meaning: Foreign
- Quenya: Ettelië (ettelëa+[ië] = foreign+[feminine names suffix])
- From: Sindarin name
- Meaning: Great, Mighty
- Quenya: Túro (túra+[o] = adj. great+[masculine names suffix])
Instead of waiting in line an average of 370 days, Joseph McKenna had his request answered in 92 hours with EXTRA features through X101
- From: From the Hebrew name בִּנְיָמִין (Binyamin)
- Meaning: “Son of the south” or “son of the right hand”
- Quenya: Hyarmenion (hyarmen+[ion] = n. south+[‘son of’ suffix]) OR Formion (forma+[ion] = n. right hand+[‘son of’ suffix])
- From: Name of a biblical town, possibly derived from Hebrew בֵּית־תְּאֵנָה (beit-te’enah)
- Meaning: House of figs
- Quenya: Yávemar (yávë+mar = fruit*+house). OBS.: There are no words for fig in Quenya and the etymology of the word could not help either, so the simple adaptation for “fruit”.
- From: German or Italian roots. In German it’s the diminutive of German Elisabeth, the German and Dutch variation of Elizabeth . In Italian, it’s the diminutive of Benedetta, the feminine form of Benedict coming from the Latin BENEDICTVS
- Meaning: (see Elizabeth entry here also) Benedetta means blessed
- Quenya: Eruvandë (Eru+vanda+[ë] = God+oath+[feminine names suffix]) or Almáriel (almarë = blessedness. Actually an existing Quenya name suitable for Bettina’s etymology)
- From: English surname derived from the Old English blæc or blāc.
- Meaning: Blæc means “black” and blāc means “pale”
- Quenya: Moro (morë+[o] = black+[masculine names suffix] OR Maryo (marya+[o] = pale+[masculine names suffix]
Instead of waiting in line an average of 710 days, Blake Weinert had this request answered in 56 hours through FAST LINE
- From: Slavic feminine form Бојана of Bojan derived from Slavic element boji.
- Meaning: Battle
- Quenya: Ohtë (ohta+[ë] = n. war, battle+[feminine names suffix])
- From: English word brandy which comes ultimately from Dutch brandewijn.
- Meaning: Burnt wine
- Quenya: Uryamirë (uryaina+miru+[ë] = burnt+wine+[feminine names suffix])
- From: Surname which was derived from a place name in Old English. It is sometimes used as a variant of Brendan which comes from BRENDANVS, the Latinized form of Irish name Bréanainn which was derived from a Welsh word.
- Meaning: The Place name in Old English means “hill covered with broom”. The Welsh word which originated Bréanainn means “prince”
- Quenya: Tussambo (tussa+ambo = bush+hill) OR Haryon (haryon = prince)
- From: Scottish Gaelic word brèagha
- Meaning: Beautiful
- Quenya: Vanima (vanima = beautiful)
- From: Possibly a feminine form of Old Norse name Brandr. Also, sometimes associated as the feminine form of Brendan. Variants include: Brenna, Brennan (masculine), etc.
- Meaning: Brandr means “sword”.
- Quenya: Macillë (macil+[lë] = sword+[feminine names suffix])
- From: Latinized form of a Celtic name (or title)
- Meaning: King, prince or even raven
- Quenya: Aran (aran = king) or Haryon (haryon = prince, heir)
- From: Middle English surname Brett
- Meaning: A Breton (inhabitant of Brittany)
- Quenya: Hret (orthographic adaptation, not based on etymology)
- From: possibly old Celtic bre
- Meaning: Hill, or by extension high, noble
- Quenya: Ambo (hill) or Arato (a noble)
- From: Feminine form of Irish/English name Brian.
- Meaning: See Brian entry here.
- Quenya: Ambiel (ambo+[iel] = n. hill+[feminine names suffix]) or Artanis (noble woman)
- From: Feminine form of German name Bruno which is derived from the Germanic element brun
- Meaning: See Bruno entry here.
- Quenya: Varnië (varnë+[ië] = brown+[feminine names suffix])
- From: Derived from the Germanic element brun
- Meaning: Brown
- Quenya: Varnon (varnë+[on] = brown+[masculine names suffix])
- From: Arabic براق (Buraq), the name of the legendary creature that, according to Islamic tradition, transported the Prophet Muhammad. Its name is derived from Arabic برق (barq).
- Meaning: برق (barq) means “lightning”
- Quenya: Élon (élë+[on] = n. flashy light, lightning+[masculine names suffix])
Attention: if you wanna request a name beginning with letter B, please do it here: https://quenya101.com/names/