M μ מ 美 y
- From: Medieval feminine form of Latin AMABILIS
- Meaning: Lovable
- Quenya: Melima (melima = adj. loveable)
- From: Gaelic surname Mac Coinnich. Variants include: McKenzie, Makenzie.
- Meaning: Son of Coinneach (which means ‘handsome’)
- Quenya: Vanimion (vanima+[-ion] = adj. beautiful+[patronymic suffix ‘son of’])
- From: An English surname
- Meaning: Son of Maud which is the medieval form of Matilda, coming from Germanic roots and meaning “strength in battle”
- Quenya: Túrohtion (túrë+ohta+[ion] = strength+battle+[‘son of’ patronymic suffix] OR Túrohtiel (túrë+ohta+[-iel] = strength+battle+[‘daughter of’ patronymic suffix]
- From: A Hebrew title related to the village of Magdala, where supposedly Mary Magdalene came from.
- Meaning: Magdala means “tower”
- Quenya: Mindonië (mindon+[ië] = tower, turret+[feminine names suffix]) OR Tirionië (tirion+[ië] = watchtower, tower+[feminine names suffix])
- From: Scandinavian form of Late Latin name
- Meaning: Great
- Quenya: Alton (alta+[on] = adj. great, large, big+[masculine names suffix])
- From: Feminine diminutive form of Maria extensively used in several languages.
- Meaning: See Maria entry here.
- Quenya: Eärarincë (ëar+sára+[incë] = sea+bitter+[diminutive suffix]) OR Meriwincë (merë+winë+[incë] = wish+baby+[diminutive suffix])
Instead of waiting in line an average of 188 days, Igor Alfirevic had his request answered in 81 hours through FAST LINE
- From: Germanic elements magan & frið .
- Meaning: Magan means strength & frið means peace
- Quenya: Túreraino (túrë+rainë+[o] = strength+peace+[masculine names suffix])
- From: French feminine of MARCELLVS, originally a Roman family name diminutive of MARCVS. Variants include: Marcella, Marcela, Marsaili, etc.
- Meaning: Probably derived from Mars, the Roman god
- Quenya: Carnilië (Carnil+[ië] = Mars+[feminine names suffix])
- From: Latinate form of Margaret derived from Latin MARGARITA originally coming from Greek μαργαριτης (margarites). Variant forms include: Margareth, Mairead, Maisie, Marjorie, Marge, Markéta, Gretchen, Margherita, Reeta, Margreet, Greet, Märta, Margaux, etc.
- Meaning: Pearl
- Quenya: Marilla (marilla = n. pearl)
- From: Form of MARCVS, a Roman praenomen, or given name, which was probably derived from the name of the Roman god MARS. Variant forms: Marcos, Marcus, Marc, Marko, Markus, Marek, Marcel, Márcio, Marzio, etc.
- Meaning: Variation and closely associated with MARS
- Quenya: Carnilmo (Carnil+[mo] = Mars, the planet which was baptized after the Roman god+[masculine names suffix])
- From: Blend of Maria & Magdalene
- Meaning: See Maria and Magdalene entries here.
- Quenya: Eärnië (Blend of Maria and Magdalene etymological composed names. Ibid) OR Merinië (Idem)
Instead of waiting in line an average of 220 days, Jessica Field had her request answered in 75 hours through FAST LINE
- From: English surname which was taken from a place name in Old English.
- Meaning: Pleasant wood
- Quenya: Matauron (mára+taurë+[on] = good+forest, wood+[masculine names suffix])
- From: Latin form of the New Testament Greek names Μαριαμ (Mariam) and Μαρια (Maria) – the spellings are interchangeable – which were from the Hebrew name מִרְיָם (Miryam). Variant forms: Mary, Miriam, Myriam, Mariam, Marija, Maryla, Meryem.
- Meaning: Not known for certain, but theories include “Sea of bitterness” & “Wished for child”
- Quenya: Eärarë (ëar+sára+[ë] = sea+bitter+[feminine names suffix]) OR Meriwinë (merë+winë = wish+baby)
- From: Spanish contraction of María & Isabel.
- Meaning: See Maria and Isabel entry here.
- Quenya: Eärvandië (Fusion and contraction of both etymological equivalents of Maria and Isabel already composed here. Check the explanations on both entries.)
- From: Portuguese variation and possible diminutive form of Latin MARIA. Variants include: Molly, Mollie, Marielle, Mariette, Mia, Maja, Marita, Mairwen, Mae, etc.
- Meaning: See Maria entry here.
- Quenya: Eärarincë (ëar+sára+[-incë] = sea+bitter+[diminutive suffix]) OR Merwinincë (merë+winë+[-incë] = wish+baby+[diminutive suffix])
- From: English combination of Mary (see Maria entry here) & Lynn, an English surname which was derived from Welsh llyn
- Meaning: See Maria entry here. Llyn means lake
- Quenya: Sárailin (sára+ailin = bitter+lake, pool)
Attention: if you wanna request a name beginning with letter M, please do it here: https://quenya101.com/names/